Uppsala University hereby declares the following position to be open for application:
Two PhD positions in Statistics
at the Department of Statistics.
Starting date: 1st of September 2011 or as agreed upon
The discipline of Statistics analyses and develops methods to interpret and draw scientific conclusions from data. The main research areas at the Division of Statistics are time series analysis/econometrics and structural equation modelling.
Eligible for a PhD position is the student with a Master degree, completed courses of 240 ECTS points, whereof at least 60 ECTS points on Master level, or equivalent. Further, the specific entry requirement is 90 ECTS points in statistics or equivalent. Solid background in mathematics and in applied science is considered a merit.
The rules governing this are set out in the Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5, § § 1-7, and the university’s rules and guidelines http://regler.uu.se/Rules_and_regulations_in_English/
- PhD Studentship in Muscle Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Positions in Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Molecular Medicine, Medical Science, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Mathematics & Statistics Scholarships for Taught Masters, University of Glasgow, UK
- PhD Positions in Operations Research and Business Statistics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- PhD Scholarship in Geocomputation, Spatial Statistics and Geovisual Analytics - SSGA, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland
- PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD in Music Psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarships in Architectural Sciences, University of Rome, Italy
- PhD Positions in Business Administration, Stockholm University, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.