The Institute for Media Innovation at Nanyang Technological University invites applications for doctoral positions to work in Singapore, in the area of physics based simulation of clothes, virtual try on of clothes, interactive virtual worlds, interactive augmented reality, behavior models for virtual humans as well as social robots, simulation of medical articulations, group and crowds modeling, and related topics. Students will have an opportunity to work in the area of cutting-edge interactive 3D simulation with top equipment as cave and real-time motion capture in a multidisciplinary team.
The candidates should apply using the online system with a CV, a brief statement of potential research, and two letters of recommendation clearly stating IMI on their application (https://wis.ntu.edu.sg/webexe/owa/pga$rsh_main.menu). Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
NTU (http://www.ntu.edu.sg) and IMI (http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/) offer vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, both students and faculty members enjoy a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features, NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
The University has invested heavily in research, creating some of the best laboratories and research centers in the world. IMI is housed in the S$25 million nine-storey Research Techno Plaza (RTP: http://www.street-directory.com/ntu/pixAround/rtp.htm), which forms the University’s research hub with four interdisciplinary research corridors and 10 research centers housed in it.
Activities of the research centers are linked to their international counterparts, turning the campus into mini Silicon Valley yielding landmark innovations. Singapore has low income tax and a doctoral student is not likely to pay any income tax on their stipend (see http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1190). A student gets a waiver of the Tuition fee and funding support for conferences are provided on merit and performance basis. Additional Teaching Assistant opportunities may also be available year three onwards.
For more details please refer to IMI website http://imi.ntu.edu.sg
Contact: email@example.com or +65-6592 7721
Intakes: January and July
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Master of Management in Hospitality Scholarship, Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.