We invite candidates for a three-year PhD research project on spatial sustainability and climate change. The aim is to identify strategies and policies that can stimulate a restructuring of economic use of space which will contribute to a reduction of GHG emissions. The study will take into account the location of industrial and residential areas, infrastructure, local, regional and supraregional transport, trade and agglomeration externalities. It will study a range of policies affecting the use of space and associated investments. Because of a potential application to Catalunya we would like to invite Catalan student to apply for this project. The project has some degrees of freedom in the sense that it can go in a theoretical, empirical or policy direction. The student could start immediately.
Potential candidates can contact the project director prof. J. van den Bergh at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 93-5813747.
Application deadline: 31 July 2010
- MSc Scholarships, Climate Change & Development / Policy, University of Sussex, Institute of Development Studies, UK
- PhD Position on Weather Insurance Design Project at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
- MSc Climate Change Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- Postdoctoral Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Summer School on Global Warming and Sustainable Water Management, Germany
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Oxford, UK
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- PhD Studentships in Requirements Engineering and Climate Change, The Open University, UK
- Master Scholarships, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.