Two scholarships are available for PhD research to commence in Semester 1, 2010. The scholarships are associated with Professor Vera Mackie`s ARC Future Fellowship Project on Human Rights in the Asia-Pacific Region. Applicants should have a first-class honours degree with a specialisation in Asia-Pacific studies. Language skills from the region to be studied would be an advantage. Possible topics include a study of human rights in a specific country in the region, or a thematic study such as sexuality and human rights or indigeneity and human rights.
Reference number: 4594
Study subject: Asia-Pacific Studies
Application form: http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@unia/documents/doc/uow000054.pdf
Provided by: Faculty of Arts, University of Wollongong
To be undertaken at: University of Wollongong.
Level: Post Graduate (Research)
This scholarship is offered once only to 2 people. Open for applications until March 12, 2010.
The value of this scholarship is AUD22500 (per annum). This award is to be used for living expenses. This scholarship is paid fortnightly for the period of 3 years.
This scholarship is for any field of research.
This scholarship is for study in Australia for those who have achieved Honours 1 or equivalent. There are no restrictions on citizenship.
To apply for this scholarship you must apply directly to the scholarship provider. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Always confirm details with scholarship provider before applying.
Professor Vera Mackie (ARC Future Fellow)
CAPSTRANS, Faculty of Arts, University of Wollongong
Address: Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, NSW, Australia, 2520
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships by Australian Leadership Awards 2011, Australia
- Fujitsu Asia Pacific Scholarship
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA
- MA Scholarships in Politics & International Relations, University of Nottingham, UK
- Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
- PhD and Postdoctoral in Renewable and Distributed Power Generation at University of Wollongong, Australia
- Shorenstein Fellowships in Contemporary Asia, Stanford University, USA
- Prime Ministerâ€™s Australia Asia Incoming Postgraduate Award, Australia
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA
- Master Scholarships in Human Rights and Democratisation, Asia Pacific
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.