Launched in November 2005, The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) PhD Research Scholarship provides financial support to a limited number of qualified PhD students whose researches are relevant to the priority thrusts of SEARCA.
This scholarship program aims to:
- Provide PhD students the opportunity to use the resources and facilities available at SEARCA and its network of universities for their research;
- Produce quality research papers for publication; and
- Enable them to work with SEARCA’s R&D personnel on mutually identified areas of concerns/interests in agriculture and rural development.
Eligibility for the Grant
Any graduate student who is a citizen of any of the 11 SEAMEO member countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam) and pursuing a PhD in agriculture or related sciences from any university in the world is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The applicant must have already completed his/her course work with an approved dissertation proposal and is ready to conduct the dissertation research.
The application requirements are:
- Filled out Application Form;
- Letter of application for the research scholarship;
- Recommendation letter from the Dean of Graduate School of the university where the student is pursuing his/her degree program;
- Dissertation research outline/proposal approved by the Advisory Committee and Dean of Graduate School;
- Budgetary requirement for the entire research duly attested and recommended by the major adviser and Dean of Graduate School;
- Certified transcript of academic records for all courses taken at the PhD level;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Letter from the student certifying that he/she is not receiving any other research grant from any other institution. If partial funding has been obtained from other sources, a certification from the funding agency indicating the amount of grant and the items in the research that are covered by the grant; and
- Research timetable indicating the activities involved in the research, the expected date of defense and expected date of seminar paper presentation.
Application deadlines are 1 April and 1 September.
Applications should be addressed to:
Dr. Editha C. Cedicol
Graduate Scholarship Department
SEARCA, Los Baños 4031 Laguna, Philippines
Visit official website.
- Master & PhD Scholarships in Agriculture by SEARCA
- CIMB Regional Scholarship for Postgraduate Students from Southeast Asia, Malaysia
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
- Islam and Law in Southeast Asia Fieldwork Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- PhD Position in Southeast Asian Pop Music, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.