The doctoral project is about supercritical fluid extraction of lipids from microalgae, and the development of kinetic models describing desorption, diffusion and solvation of lipids in liquid and supercritical carbon dioxide. The research will be conducted in collaboration with researchers in chemical engineering, limnology and biotechnology, as well as within a multi-disciplinary collaboration about sustainable development. Analytical technologies that will be used within the project are mainly gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC) and supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC), with mass spectrpometry (MS/MS), evaporative light scattering (ELSD) and charged aerosol (Corona-CAD) detectors. Department duties, usually laboratory teaching, will be included of up to 20%.
Eligibility / Entry Requirements
Basic entry requirements for PhD studies are: a degree at advanced level, courses to an extent of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 at advanced level, or corresponding proficiencies acquired in Sweden or elsewhere.
Special requirements for this position: master degree in natural science, environmental science or engineering with good knowledges in analytical chemistry. It is a requirement to have conducted a degree project in analytical chemistry (or corresponding) of at least 15 ECTS. It is an advantage if you have previous experience from analytical chemistry work, preferably with different separation techniques and mass spectrometry.
Basis of Assessment
Regulations for employment as a postgraduate student can be found in the Swedish Statute Book (SFS 1998:80). Only those admitted to postgraduate studies can be appointed to such a position. When appointing applicants to such a position, first and foremost their ability to benefit from postgraduate studies must be taken into consideration. In addition to pursuing postgraduate studies, the doctoral student may also perform other duties, including research, teaching and administration, according to the specific regulations.
Visit official website.
- Lund University Global Scholarships, Sweden
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- Doctoral Studentship in Chemical Physics, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Surface Chemistry and Metal Coordination, Umeå University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarships in Geobiosphere Science at the Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystems Analysis, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
- PhD Fellowships in Biopharmaceutics as Medicinal Products, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Biophysical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Physics, Lund University, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.