Applications are invited for a three year PhD scholarship in the FEMTO-ST Institute (see www.femto-st.fr) at Besançon FRANCE.
This PhD project will form part of a wider project which aims to develop new mathematical tools and a general software dedicated to Arrays of Microsystems. Arrays of Microsystems have been developed and continue their expansion in a number of scientific and technical fields. The research of the project will focus on deriving general multi-scale multi-physical models able to cover large classes of such systems. The multi-scale mathematical methods will be rooted in recently developed techniques by our group or collaborators. Part of mathematical modeling will be done in collaboration with a Laboratory of Mathematics.
The scholarship is valued at about €1.000 net per month for three years. It will be available from 1 October 2009. Application to a room on the campus is possible for low rate. Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree and, preferably, a master’s qualification in Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics or Mechanics, or comparable postgraduate work experience.
Closing date for applications: July 15th, 2009.
Please email a CV and letter outlining your areas of research interest, along with names and contact details of two referees who can comment on your academic suitability to Dr Michel Lenczner (michel.lenczner[ at ]utbm.fr).
Further information on this project can be obtained by contacting:
Professor Michel Lenczner
26, Chemin de l’épitaphe
phone: +33 (0) 81 40 28 27
email: michel.lenczner[ at ]utbm.fr
- PhD Studentships in Multiscale Models for Arrays of Microsystems, FEMTO-ST, France
- PhD Scholarships, Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
- PhD Positions in Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Mathematics, University of Oxford, UK
- Master Scholarships in Mathematics, Jacques Hadamard Mathematics Foundation, France
- 50 PhD Thesis Offers in 2010, INRIA, France
- Master Scholarships of the “Mathematics for Life Sciences” (Master2 MathSV), France
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Science at Argonne, USA
- PhD Scholarship in Design, Engineering & Computing, Bournemouth University, UK