The Biology department of the Faculty of Sciences has an opening available for a full-time PhD scholarship in Ecological Parasitology
The Evolutionary Ecology Group has a long tradition in fundamental and applied population biology of vertebrates, with a particular emphasis on patterns and processes of dispersal and gene flow. A major interest of the group is the spatial ecology of host-parasite interactions and infectious diseases. This PhD project focuses on transmission mechanisms and population structure of nidicolous ticks in relation to the ecology and spatial behaviour of their avian hosts. The project is tightly linked to a long-term population study of hole-breeding great and blue tits. The study combines molecular approaches (microsatellite analyses, molecular host identification) with laboratory and field observations on behaviour and ecology of parasites as well as hosts.
- you will prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Ecological Parasitology
- you will provide limited support to teaching and research activities within the Evolutionary Ecology Group
- You are an enthusiastic and highly motivated student with a strong interest in Ecological Parasitology.
- You have a Master degree in Biology or an equivalent degree in life sciences with a sufficient background in population ecology, evolutionary biology and parasitology
- You have excellent study grades
- Students in their graduation year can also apply
- PhD Studentships in the Field of Ecology of Infections, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Master of Ecological Marine Management, ECOMAMA, VlLIR-UOS Scholarship Programme 2010, Belgium
- Doctoral Student in Accounting, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- PhD Studentships in Human Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Belgium Scholarships | Beasiswa Belgia
- Research Assistant Position, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- VLIR-UOS Master Scholarship in Globalisation and Development 2010, The University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarship in Ecohydrology, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.