The School of Civil Engineering at The University of Sydney offers a scholarship for a highly qualified student to undertake full-time research leading to a PhD in Environmental Fluid Mechanics. This research project is aimed to investigate the dynamics of biomineral suspended particle matter (SPM) in turbulently-stirred waters, with a particular focus on the interaction between microparticles made of cohesive mineral and micro-organisms in nutrient-controlled conditions.
The PhD candidate is expected to have a strong background in fluid mechanics, physics or mathematics, and be interested in multidisciplinary approaches involving hydrology, biogeochemistry, and nutrient cycling. This opportunity is for commencement in 2010 Semester 1. Both local and international students are welcome to apply, and international student tuition fees will be covered as part of this scholarship. Applicants must also apply for University-wide scholarships where eligible.
Reference Number: 4511
Study Subject: Civil Engineering- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Web Address: http://agile2.ucc.usyd.edu.au/ro/opportunities/scholarships/156
Provided By: The University of Sydney
To be undertaken at: The University of Sydney.
This scholarship is offered once only to one person. Open for applications until December 31, 2009.
The value of this scholarship is AUD22500 (per annum). This award is to be used for living expenses. This scholarship is paid fortnightly for the period of up to 3 and a half years.
This scholarship is for one of the following fields of research: Civil engineering, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY or Environmental engineering.
This scholarship is for study in Australia for those who have achieved Masters or equivalent.
To apply for this scholarship you must consult the scholarship web site. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Always confirm details with scholarship provider before applying.
Dr Federico Maggi
Phone: +61 (0)2 9351 2115
Fax: +61 (0)2 9351 3343
Web Site: http://www.civil.usyd.edu.au/people/maggi.shtml
School of Civil Engineering J05
University of Sydney
- PhD Scholarship in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College London, UK
- Master Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- PhD Position in Fluid Mechanics, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
- International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Hydrogeochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS), Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Tropical Palaeo-climate, University of Sydney, Australia