Project: Wyaralong dam carbon offset and greenhouse gas investigation program Funded by: Queensland Water Infrastructure
The successful PhD candidate will work on carbon dynamics in soils and sediments of Wyaralong dam areas under the joint supervision of Dr Chengrong Chen, Professor Zhihong Xu and Dr Tim Blumfield (all members of the Environmental Futures Centre).
Scholarship value and duration
The full PhD scholarship is valued at $27,000 per annum.
The scholarship is open to suitable candidates with first or second class honours (2A) degrees (or equivalent) in a relevant field, available to start immediately.
How to apply
Applicants should provide:
- their Curriculum Vitae;
- academic record;
- an outline of their career interests; and
- the names and contact details of three academic referees.
Applications should be sent to:
Ms Dianna Woods
Environmental Futures Centres
Gold Coast Campus
Griffith University QLD 4222
Application closing date : 30 July 2010
For additional project information, please contact:
Professor Zhihong Xu
School of Biomolecular and Physical Sciences
Griffith University QLD 4111
T: + 61 7 3735 3822
- The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
- Business H3 Global Research Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
- Excellence in Nursing Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
- World Forest Institute (WFI) International Fellowship, USA
- International Fellowship Program in Forestry and Natural Resources, USA
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- UQ Science International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
- Scholarships for Students from Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia - University of Western Australia
- Osmaston Scholarship in Forestry, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK