Applications are invited for a PhD-scholarship at the Research Unit for Health Economics for appointment as soon as possible. The PhD-project must be within one of the following three areas related to the hospital sector:
- Production planning and patient logistics in hospitals
- Incentives for increased quality and coherent patient courses or DRG related issues, including calculation of DRG prices
- Measurement of productivity within the hospital sector when including scale and scope as well as quality with particular focus on patient reported quality
The hospital of the future is a core theme for research at the Unit of Health Economics. The announcement is an integral part of this research, and the successful applicant will become a member of a highly active research environment with an international reputation.
Applicants must have a Master`s degree in economics or an equivalent education. As part of the PhD-program the PhD-student must complete an individual planned course program. The PhD student must also achieve teaching experience during the research education. The PhD-student is expected to spend a certain period with a relevant foreign research institution, normally one semester. The research unit for health economics appoints a supervisor and possibly a co-supervisor.
The application must include a project proposal of maximum 10 pages including idea for the research theme, theory, methods, data and relevant literature. The proposal may be further specified during the first three months of the scholarship.
The PhD student is expected to participate actively in the activities at the department, and to spend a significant portion of time there. See: www.healtheconomics.dk.
The project must be completed in three years with Odense as place of employment.
Further information can be requested by contacting Professor Terkel Christiansen, phone: +45 6550 3841, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application, salary, etc.:
Your employment as a Salaried PhD Research Fellow is governed by the agreement of 1 October 2008 on Graduate Employees in government appendix 5 – protocol on PhD Research Fellows.
Fill in the application form available on our web page www.sdu.dk/sam/phduk under the section Application forms for enrolment. Here you also find guidelines for preparing your project proposal. Furthermore you should submit certified copy of Master’s degree certificate including examination results, CV, project description, information on teaching experience or other forms of knowledge communication and if relevant a list of publications.
All interested persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
Please send in 4 copies of the application including curriculum vitae, project description, publications if any, marked `Position No. 351/577-095672` no later than November 6, 2009 at 12.00 noon to the University of Southern Denmark, The Faculty of Social Sciences, Campusvej 55, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark.
Closing date 6 November, 2009 at 12 noon
Mark application Job ID 351/577-095672 and send it to:
Det Samfundsvidenskabelige Fakultetssekretariat
5230 Odense M
- PhD Scholarship in Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Globalisation & International Economics, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Denmark Scholarships | Beasiswa Denmark
- European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM) Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Sholarships in Sparse Signal Processing in Wireless Communications, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- Master Degree in Public Health, Academy for Educational Development, AED Indonesia, USA
- PhD Scholarships in Indonesian Economics, The Australian National University, Australia
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark