Position: PhD Scholarship in infectious disease epidemiology.
Tuition fee and competitive stipend fee are fully supported.
1) Medical doctor or
2) Bachelors in nursing with Masters degree in related field, or
3) Candidates who are not medical officers but who have a first degree in a subject with a substantial mathematical component (eg Bachelors degree in mathematics, physics or statistics with a Masters degree in a related field) and are keen to work as part of a team in a multidisciplinary setting will also be considered.*
Job location: The post can be based either in Mahidol University, Bangkok or Sappasithiprasong Hospital, Ubon Ratchathani. Frequent visits to the other site will be required.
Employment term: Three years, full time.
The position will involve evaluating interventions to reduce the burden of hospital infections. This will require developing and analysing mathematical models and computer simulations, computer-based analyses, qualitative research, and co-ordination and analysis of an intervention study in Ubon Ratchathani. Findings will be published in international journals. Training in advanced epidemiological techniques including health economics and mathematical modelling will be provided both in Thailand and at international short-courses.
The job would be ideal for someone wishing to establish an international research career who is interested in working with a multidisciplinary team. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy, be proficient in English and Thai, and have excellent organisational and communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their resumé (in English) and a covering letter to Dr Ben Cooper (ben[ at ]tropmedres.ac).
*An applicant who is a civil servant in Thailand may take a leave from government work to study this PhD for 3 years, and then returns to government work.
- Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Switzerland
- International Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology & Public Health (IPPE), University of Tampere, Finland
- Master Degree in Public Health, Academy for Educational Development, AED Indonesia, USA
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Charles Darwin International Scholarships, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD in Genomic Medicine and Statistics, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium
- The Harvey Carey Memorial Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.