The Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education, Universiti Brunei Darussalam is seeking a suitable PhD candidate for the Research Project “Promoting Understanding of Science Concepts through Professional Development of Science Teachers” (PUSC-PDST).
The research will utilise a model of professional development to develop abilities to improve teaching and learning practices which promote better understanding of science concepts and principles in Brunei.
Candidates must hold the following qualifications and experience:
- good undergraduate Honours degree (preferably First or Second Upper in a Science subject or Science Education)
- Master of Education degree (preferably in Science Education)
- taught in a relevant Science subject for a minimum of 3 years.
- English Language proficiency – at least pass in IELTS score of 6.0 OR TOEFL test 550(PBT) or 80(iBT) OR grade 6 in English language at GCE ‘O’ Level OR a grade ‘C’ in IGCSE (as a second Language)
First choice will be given to Brunei citizens or Permanent Residents. Overseas students may be considered as well.
Scholarship funded by the Science & Technology Research Grant will be awarded on a competitive basis. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED. The Scholarship will cover tuition fees plus a maintenance grant.
The project is planned to start as soon as possible for full-time study. The Scholarship will be offered for one year in the first instance, and is renewable for a maximum of three years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Candidates must make a formal application to the Universiti Brunei Darussalam Faculty of Research, Postgraduate Studies and Development. The deadline for receipt of applications is 16:00h on Tuesday 31 May 2011.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your completed application letter and full Curriculum Vitae to the:
Graduate Studies and Research Office,
Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Level 2, ILIA Building, Jalan Tungku Link,Gadong BE1410
Tel: 673 246 3001 Ext. Ext 2311, 2323, 2308
Fax: 673 246 1002, 673 246 0590
Candidates who need further information concerning the nature of the research that are not answered by the website can contact the Principal Researcher, by email only:
Dr Irene P-A Cheong,
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education,
Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
For more information, please visit official website: www.ubd.edu.bn.
- Visiting Research Fellowships, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- PhD Scholarships 2009/2010, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Graduate Research Scholarships, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Bachelors, Masters, and Phd Scholarships by Brunei Darussalam Government
- Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships to Foreign Students
- European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) Medan 2011
- Khazanah Asia Scholarship for Postgraduate in Collaboration with CIMB Niaga & XL Axiata
- European Higher Education Fair (EHEF) Jakarta 2011
- Master & PhD Scholarships in Agriculture by SEARCA
- Undergraduate Scholarships for Indonesian Students at Malaysian Universities