The Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments will admit fifteen PhD students to its doctoral programme to begin October 1, 2011. Up to ten of these candidates will receive a Graduate School grant; the other candidates will be supported in their quest for funding.
The Graduate School investigates the plurality, changeability, and global connectedness of Muslim cultures and societies. It invites applications from candidates whose dissertation project fits one of the Graduate School’s Research Areas. Successful applicants will have a master’s degree in one of the disciplines represented at the Graduate School, with a ranking, where applicable, of above average. The language of communication is English. Admission is for one year, and, contingent upon a positive evaluation after the first year of study, will be extended for another twelve months. Admission and grant can be extended for a total of three years.
The application package needs to include the following documents: a completed and signed application form; an outline of the dissertation project (up to 6 pages, with a brief summary); a signed curriculum vitae; two letters of reference; certified copies of degrees received; evidence of proficiency in the language(s) relevant to the dissertation project; and for non-native speakers of English, proof of proficiency in English. Holders of PhD scholarships that were awarded on the basis of academic references for the same project with which applicants apply to the Graduate School can submit copies of these references.
Applications will be reviewed by the School’s Admissions and Grants Committee.
The complete application package must be submitted by December 15, 2010 to:
Freie Universität Berlin
Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies
For further information, please contact the Graduate School’s office at email@example.com
Visit our website at http://www.bgsmcs.fu-berlin.de
- PhD Fellowships, Berlin Graduate School of Muslim Cultures and Societies, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of North American Studies, Germany
- PhD Position in Islam and Muslim Societies, Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Scholarships, International Centre for Muslim and Non-Muslim Understanding, University of South Australia
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Islamic Studies, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, UK
- Doctoral Fellowships in Psychology, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- Beasiswa Program Pertukaran Tokoh Muslim Muda Indonesia Australia 2011
- Kofi Annan Business School Foundation MBA Fellowship, ESMT European School of Management and Technology