HBRS is one of Germany’s leading graduate schools, funded by the Excellence Initiative and offering top-level research, education and training possibilities. Under this umbrella our three international PhD programs Infection Biology, Molecular Medicine and Regenerative Sciences provide fully-funded studentships for a three-year course. In all three programs the focus is placed on individual research projects, complemented by program specific seminars as well as an individualized curriculum comprising lab and soft-skill courses, congresses, symposia and summer schools. Communication and teaching language throughout HBRS is English. Upon graduation students are awarded a PhD – life scientists may alternatively choose a Dr. rer. nat.
All three PhD programs are aimed at highly motivated postgraduates with a background in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or the Life Sciences. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates of all nationalities who have a keen interest in one of the research foci offered by our programs.
PhD Infection Biology: The program’s objective is to investigate the complex interactions between host and pathogen. For more information please see www.mh-hannover.de/zib.html
PhD Molecular Medicine: The program aims to form a bridge between Science and the Clinic, in research as well as in teaching. For more information please see www.mh-hannover.de/md-phd.html
PhD Regenerative Sciences: Research and teaching concentrate on Developmental Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Biology of Ageing and Degeneration, Growth Factors, Cell Therapy, Tissue Engineering. For more information please see www.rebirth-hannover.de
Applications are invited from 1st December 2009 onwards through this website only. Please note that any other form of application will be disregarded. Applications close on 1st April 2010.
For further information on the selection process, frequently asked questions, etc please see www.mh-hannover.de/hbrs.html
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- Graduate Studentships, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
- BioInterfaces International Graduate School, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Postdoctoral Position in Optical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
- Postdoctoral Positions in Medical Robotics, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Biomedical Engineering Scholarship, King’s College London, UK
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- Hermann Strenger Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Otto Bayer Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.