The PhD program in General Management of the University of Bologna trains brilliant researchers in the fields of management, banking and finance by offering courses in two different tracks: Track in Management; Track in Banking and Finance. The program is created by the integration of two doctoral programs previously offered by the Department of Management: the PhD in Business Administration (Dottorato in Direzione Aziendale) and the PhD in Financial Markets and Intermediaries (Dottorato in Mercati e Intermediari Finanziari).
In addition to the attendance of core and elective courses, PhD students have the opportunity to attend seminars held by internationally renowned scholars, present their work at conferences, spend a research period of at least 6 months in international academic institutions. The courses are held in English. The PhD in General Management (3-year program) is organized by the Department of Management of the University of Bologna (www.sa.unibo.it).
In order to apply, a Master degree (laurea specialistica/magistrale) is required. The next edition of the PhD in General Management (26th cycle) will start in October 2010. 8 students will be admitted to the program and 4 scholarships will be offered. The number of scholarship-assisted places may increase thanks to the financial support of public or private institutions. The net amount of the scholarship is around 1000 Euro per month, for a 3-year period. The amount of the scholarship can be increased during the research period spent abroad (+50%) and through assistantships in teaching or contract research activities. Applications from foreign students are encouraged.
For further details on the PhD program in General Management, the admission requirements and the selection procedures, please visit the website.
or contact the PhD Coordinator, Professor Federico Munari (federico.munari[at]unibo.it).
The call for application will be available on this website.
Deadline to submit all the application documents: 21 June 2010
- PhD Scholarships in Business Administration, University of Bologna, Italy
- Summer Internship - musiXmatch, Italy
- Master Scholarships in Economics and Market Policy, University of Bologna, Italy
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Economics, University of Bologna, Italy
- International Master in Tourism & Leisure Scholarships, MIB School of Management, Italy
- MBA Scholarships in International Business for Women, MIB School of Management, Italy
- MBA Scholarships in International Business, MIB School of Management, Italy
- PhD Scholarships in Economics & Management, University of Trento, Italy
- Masters Scholarships, POLIdesign, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.