A number of PhD scholarships are available at DTU Informatics with a starting date fall 2011 or spring 2012.
The subject of the PhD thesis must be within one of the main research areas of the department:
- Algorithms and Logic
- Cognitive Systems
- DTU Data Analysis
- Embedded Systems Engineering
- Image Analysis & Computer Graphics
- Language-Based Technology
- Mathematical Statistics
- Scientific Computing
- Software Engineering
Candidates should hold a M.Sc. degree in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a M.Sc. degree in engineering. Furthermore, good command of the English language is essential.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidate will be enrolled in the ITMAN Graduate School Programme of DTU Informatics. Information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies is included in the general rules at DTU.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current Danish rules for PhD students. The period of employment is 3 years.
Further information concerning the application is available at the DTU Informatics PhD homepage, the DTU Informatics Graduate School ITMAN homepage or by contacting the responsible ITMAN Graduate School secretary: Ulla Jensen, phone: + 45 4525 3359.
As a requirement, the application must include a letter of confirmation signed by the relevant DTU supervisor, stating that the supervisor and the candidate have agreed upon the PhD project. Therefore, you must have established contact with a supervisor at DTU prior to submitting your application.
Applications must be submitted electronically as one single PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
Applications must include the following documents:
- Acceptance in writing from a DTU supervisor
- Page 1-2 of this application form (dansk ansøgningsskema)
- A personal application addressed to the Dean of Graduate Studies and International Affairs
- Short description of the proposed PhD project
- Documentation for MSc degree incl. list of courses
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system.
Applications must be submitted in Danish or English and we must have your online application by Tuesday October 25th 2011.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit official website: www.dtu.dk.
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Informatics Masters Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems, University of Sussex, UK
- PhD Fellowships in Grenoble Informatics, Grenoble Informatics Laboratory, France
- Denmark Scholarships | Beasiswa Denmark
- PhD Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
- PhD Scholarship in Sea Level Changes from Satellite Altimetry, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Studentships in Informatics, School of Computing, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Electrocatalysis, Technical University of Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.