IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) invites applications for a number of PhD scholarships starting in February 2010 in any of the faculty groups represented at ITU.
FIRST Research School: theoretical computer science and fundamental software technologies, sensornets, databases, algorithms for large amounts of data, automated reasoning, business processes, category theory, complexity, concurrency, domain theory, distributed and mobile computing, model checking, planning, software engineering, scheduling, verification, test, and configuration; efficient computation, electronic health records and electronic voting, logical frameworks, software architectures, objectoriented methodology and notations, functional and object-oriented programming languages, proof assistants, semantics, ubiquitous computing, user interfaces , workflow languages. http://www.first.dk
Center for Computer Games Research: Game aesthetics, game ontology, games and narratives, game culture, game play, player communities, games and human computer interfaces/game testing, game artificial intelligence, player (cognitive and affective) modeling, computational intelligence and games. http://game.itu.dk/
Design of Organizational IT Group: Computer supported cooperative work, science and technology studies, health care IT, organizations and IT, globalization and technology, mutual shaping of culture, organizations, people, and technologies, through practices of design and use. http://www.itu.dk/research/doit/
Innovative Communication Group: Advanced and innovative communication trends, historical and rhetorical methods of innovation, theories and applications of new media, design and development of interactive technologies in the contexts of prior and emerging cultures of information. http://www.itu.dk/research/inc/
Applicants accepted will be employed and enrolled at the IT University for a period of 3 or 4 years.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). For example, the basic salary of a 3 year PhD student amounts to DKK 24,594.08 per month.
Application deadline: October 7, 2009 at 12.00 noon (local time). The deadline is firm.
Applications and enclosures received at ITU after the application deadline will not be taken into
Questions regarding this call may be directed to individual faculty members, or the ITU PhD
Administration, phdadm[ at ]itu.dk, phone: +45 7218 5065
The IT University invites all qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the scholarships.
For further information, please visit the official announcement.
- PhD Fellowship in Drug Delivery, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Fellowship, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Water Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Fellowships in Biopharmaceutics as Medicinal Products, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 15 PhD Scholarships, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Fellowship in Epigenetics and Signal Transduction in Cancer, BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Sea Level Changes from Satellite Altimetry, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- PhD Scholarship on Textiles Terminologies in Ancient Greece, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.