The School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science is offering several scholarships which will cover tuition fees at the Home/EU rate plus a maintenance grant equivalent to that offered by the Research Councils (£13,590 in 2011-12).
These scholarships will be offered for one year in the first instance, renewable for a maximum period of three and a half years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The scholarship includes a travel grant of up to £1750 to allow students to present their work at national and international conferences.
Candidates must hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) and preferably a Master’s degree (MSc, MMath, Msci) at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
The scholarship competition is open to all postgraduate research applicants. UK, EU and overseas fee paying students as well as full-time and part-time postgraduate research students are invited to apply.
How to apply
To be eligible for these scholarships, candidates must make a formal application for postgraduate research study at the University of Kent. To be considered for one of these scholarship, applicants should select the box `School Scholarship’ under ‘How are you intending to fund your studies?’ on the Kent application form: http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgrad/apply/index.html
Applications for PhD scholarships will be considered in two rounds. The deadlines for receipt of completed applications are:
- First deadline 20th April 2012
- Second deadline 22nd June 2012
For further information please contact:
School of Mathematics, Statistics & Actuarial Science
University of Kent
Kent CT2 7NF
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mathematics, University of Kent, UK
- Mathematics & Statistics Scholarships for Taught Masters, University of Glasgow, UK
- PhD scholarship in Bioinformatics at the National University of Ireland, Galway
- Kent International Pathways Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- School of Arts International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships, University of Kent, Paris
- International Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, University of Kent, UK
- PhD Positions in Operations Research and Business Statistics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students, University of Kent, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.