The Medical University of Graz invites excellent students to apply for the PhD programs in Molecular Medicine and/or Neurosciences starting in fall 2011. Up to 21 scholarships will be offered to the best applicants.
The programs provide cutting-edge education in basic principles of human diseases and therapeutics. The thesis projects will focus on various aspects of metabolic and vascular diseases, inflammation, cancer, stem cells, aging of the brain, and neurodegeneration. Research will also integrate basic, applied and clinical sciences, as well as a wide spectrum of experimental techniques, preparing students for doing research in an international environment.
Interested students are welcome to apply for the academic year 2011/2012. To participate in the selection process a candidate’s application must be submitted by email using the provided forms on the website. The application deadline is March 6, 2011 (24:00 hours, CET).
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a Master in any discipline of Natural Sciences, Life Sciences or Medicine. Students who will finish their Master studies after the deadline but before July 2011 are welcome to apply as well.
The selection procedure, all training activities and communication will be in English. Thus, excellent written and spoken English skills are required.
For selected PhD students there is the possibility for up to 3 years employment with a contract that includes social benefits. Moreover, students receive competitive financial support.
Interested students please visit www.medunigraz.at/phd for more details!
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- The MC Ainsworth Scholarship in Neurosciences, University of New South Wales, Australia
- PhD Position in Molecular Medicine, Medical Science, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarships in Biomedical Research, Hannover Medical School, Germany
- Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology International Scholarship, University of Glasgow, UK
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany
- PhD Studentship in Muscle Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.