The School of Social Sciences is providing opportunities for promising academic talent to undertake doctoral study. This is a significant opportunity for those who show academic excellence in our areas of expertise.
Successful applicants will be awarded £12,372 per annum over three years, which includes a fee-waiver of £3,732 and a stipend of £9,000. In exceptional cases an additional fee contribution for international students may be available.
In return, students will be required to undertake up to 150 hours of teaching/academic work per year. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable experience for their future academic career.
We are interested in receiving applications across the following disciplines and welcome applications that are inter-disciplinary in nature:
- Economics and Finance
- Politics, International Relations and History
- Sociology and Communications
In addition to applicants having to meet the subject’s normal entry criteria, the School’s Studentship Selection Panel will be reviewing applications to ensure that the research topic proposed is of excellent quality, well developed, coherent and achievable within the three years. The Panel is seeking candidates who have demonstrated significant progress in their academic career so far.
How to apply
- apply for a PhD online
- meet the entry criteria for the PhD programme in their chosen subject area
- be a new applicant for a PhD (all applications must be received by the deadline) or
- hold an existing offer of a PhD from Social Sciences at Brunel University.
New applicants must attach a letter to the application stating that they wish to apply for the scholarship. Existing offer holders must submit a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 November 2011
For further information: email@example.com
*The PhD scholarships only apply to our current full-time PhD courses and are not applicable to the part-time PhD courses or the New Route PhD.
For more information, please visit official website: www.brunel.ac.uk.
- Engineering Academic Excellence Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
- Brunel Law School International Undergraduate Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
- LLM International Scholarships, Brunel Law School, Brunel University, UK
- Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Brunel International Scholarships, Brunel University, UK
- International Excellence Scholarships, City University London, UK
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Arts and Social Sciences, University of Hull, UK
- Postgraduate Taught Masters International Scholarships, Aston University, UK
- Master and PhD Scholarship Marine Science and Policy Modelling, University of Maine, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.