A PhD scholarship is available in urban water engineering at DTU Environment. The project, Cities in Water Balance (Byer i Vandbalance, www.biv.dk), is an innovation consortium consisting of DTU, DHI, The University of Copenhagen, Technological Institute, GEUS, Per Aarsleff A/S, Wavin A/S, Orbicon A/S, Municipality of Copenhagen, Municipality of Aarhus, Municipality of Odense, Copenhagen Energy, Aarhus Water, VCS Denmark, and Avedøre Wastewater Services.
The consortium aims to develop models for the simulation, analysis and design of infiltration trenches for the infiltration and management of storm water in cities. The models will be tested by comparison with experimental data collected in pilot projects developed with the partners.
The position will be available from 1 May 2011. The scholarship is funded by The Danish Research Council and DTU.
- A master’s degree in engineering, physics or applied mathematics
- A candidate with a strong background in environmental engineering, hydraulics soil physics or groundwater will be preferred
- A strong commitment to research
- Independence and good communication skills
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide.
PhD at DTU Environment
As PhD student at DTU Environment you will be part of the scientific staff and treated as such. We are one of the leading university institutes in Europe with a large network worldwide. We have an international environment with an international MSc education and 60 PhD students from a number of countries. Copenhagen is a pleasant place to live with easy transport and a rich cultural life.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
For additional information please contact Professor Philip Binning, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do NOT send applications to this e-mail address, but use the electronic submission system!
We must have your online application by 20 May 2011. Please open the link “apply for this job online”, fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin before having received it.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit official website: www.dtu.dk.
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Assessment of CO2 Contamination in Shallow Aquifers, Technical University of Denmark
- Summer School on Global Warming and Sustainable Water Management, Germany
- PhD Stipend in Mathematics and Physics, Aalborg University, Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Electrocatalysis, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Fellowship in Fuel Cell Catalysts, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Biomimetic Aqueous Resource Recovery, Technical University of Denmark
- Denmark Scholarships | Beasiswa Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Radiochemistry, Technical University of Denmark