PhD Scholarship, Modelling of the rolling resistance generated in the tyre – pavement contact zone
At the Institute for Science, Systems and Models (NSM), Roskilde University, a PhD scholarship in modelling is vacant from October 1, 2011. The scholarship is part of the strategic research project: ”Cooee: CO2 emission reduction by exploitation of rolling resistance modelling of pavements”.
The Cooee project focuses on establishing the scientific background for novel pavement types and asset management solutions that minimise the rolling resistance for cars and trucks, the purpose being to reduce CO2 emission from the transport sector. The PhD project is aimed at the modelling of the rolling resistance generated in the contact zone between tyre and pavement. Applications should have a strong background in mathematical modelling, physics and computer science at the M.Sc. level.
The application for the scholarship shall include a short description of the proposed project, the M.Sc. certificate and extra material deemed important for the evaluation of the application. The granting of the scholarship will be based on the scientific qualifications of the applicant and the quality of the proposed project.
A Danish Ph.D. scholarship implies a salary of approximately 2300 euro per month after tax and no tuition.
For further information regarding the position
More details about the position can be obtained by contacting Jesper Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 4071 3309) professor Jeppe Dyre (email@example.com, +45 3025 8607).
Deadline of the application: September 15, 2011
Roskilde University invites applications from all those who are interested regardless of age, gender, religion and ethnicity.
For more information, please visit official website: www.ruc.dk.
- PhD Scholarships in Nanotechnology Modelling, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Postdoc / Researcher Position in Wind Power Variability Modelling, Technical University of Denmark
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Master and PhD Scholarship Marine Science and Policy Modelling, University of Maine, USA
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postgraduate Scholarships, The Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics, ITWM, Germany
- PhD Research in Computational Linguistics & Cognitive Science, University of Memphis, USA
- PhD Position in Bioinformatics and Toxicology, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Studentship in Uncertainty Quantification Project, the Institute of Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.