Competitions for admission are open in the following Ph.D. Programs at IMT:
Computer Science and Engineering
The doctoral program aims at preparing researchers and professionals with a wide knowledge about the foundations of informatics and information engineering, and about their application to a variety of systems in many different domains. The program introduces new perspectives in formulating and solving technical challenges that are currently a target of very active research areas. The research activity focuses on key aspects of informatics and information engineering such as open end-ness, dynamics and control, autonomy, security, concurrency, cost-effectiveness, quality of services, dependability, optimization, and is concerned especially with the application to networked and large-scale systems with high degrees of interaction.
Economics, Markets, Institutions
The program aims at dealing with issues in political economy, applied public economics, the functioning of industries and markets, the impact of macroeconomics on productivity and growth.
A distinctive feature of the PhD program is the strong integration of theoretical, technical and practical expertise, aimed to educate highly qualified professionals, who analyze, plan, and manage concrete interventions of political economy.
Theoretical methodologies and models are tested through the methodical/systematic investigation of real world cases. At the end of the program, students are able to identify commonalities as well as distinctive characters of economies, markets, and industries.
Management and Development of Cultural Heritage
Ph.D. in collaboration with Politecnico di Torino
The program aims at formalizing in a consistent multidisciplinary course, specific know-hows needed by researchers and professionals operating at the highest levels of management of culture and cultural heritage. The PhD program rests on three main educational pillars: historical/humanistic, economical/managerial, juridical, which are cut across by a technological area that focuses on IT applications commonly used for the valorization and fruition of cultural heritage.
the PhD program integrates the theoretical approach with the technical and practical ones, in order to educate both highly qualified professional operating in the concrete field of cultural policy and researchers who will be active in the field of cultural heritage.
Institutions, Politics and Policies
Ph.D. in collaboration with Libera Universit√† degli Studi Sociali “Guido Carli”
The PhD in Institutions, Politics and Policies is a multidisciplinary course analyzing political institutions, politics and policies from the point of view of history and political science, and to a lesser extent economics and law. It adopts a comparative perspective, and pays particular attention to processes of change over time. It aims at forming analysis able to: understand and, if possible, channel processes of transformation of politics and political institutions; plan and manage public policies, assessing their impact; confront their specific problems of countries in transition towards democracy and a market economy.
Duration: 3 years
Language: Courses and seminars are held in English. Foreign Ph.D. students are required to attend an Italian Language and Culture Course.
Classes begin in February 2012.
The deadline for applications is September 28, 2011 at 18:00 (Italian time).
- have access to the library facilities.
- are covered by insurance against accidents and injuries which may occur while they are carrying out their Ph.D. activities.
- will have access to expert IT support for: technical support and software for study / research activities.
- have access to other various facilities.
- will have access to these facilities and from the start of courses until the completion of the Ph.D. program.
Foreign Ph.D. Students have access to italian language courses
Note for scholarship recipients:
- In the event of a withdrawal or missed enrollment of an applicant in possession of a scholarship granted before the beginning of the Ph.D. course, the first eligible applicant without scholarship - according to the general ranking - will be granted the scholarship.
- In case of withdrawal of a Ph.D. student in possession of a scholarship during the Ph.D. course:
- The first eligible applicant without scholarship according to the general ranking will be granted the residual part of the scholarship;
- The Ph.D. student granted the original scholarship will be required to reimburse the amount paid for the period during which the Ph.D. student did not attend courses and/or take part in the activities defined by the Scientific Board.
- Ph.D. students that have already been awarded a scholarship for an Italian Ph.D. Program cannot receive another scholarship in the event of enrollment in a new Italian Ph.D. Program;
- Scholarships cannot be combined with other scholarships awarded for any purpose, except for those obtained to support research activity during the study abroad period;
- Scholarships may be withdrawn in the event of exclusion from the School and at the end of each year if Ph.D. student performance is not deemed satisfactory by the Scientific Board.
- In the event of authorized late enrollment, the scholarship starts from the date of enrollment (and ends at the official end of the PhD Program.
** Note about lodging
- In the event of prolonged and unjustified absence from the provided accommodations, the School is entitled to revoke the lodging right
- Beginning from the 2nd year, the School has the right to substitute the accommodation for a grant.
Applicants must fill out the online application form and attach the required documents within the deadline.
How to submit:
1. To apply, applicants must first register their personal data.
Applicants will then receive a validation e-mail containing their password and the basic instructions for the submission procedure.
2. Application Procedure
The first time applicants access their account, they will be requested to choose the Ph.D. Program(s) for which they intend to apply. For those applying to more than one Ph.D. Program, basic personal information will not change between individual PhD applications. Applicants will be free to switch from one application to another as they wish.
Applicants are not allowed to submit more than one application to the same Ph.D. Program or to register twice with different e-mail addresses and/or different names.
Before their final submission, applicants have the possibility to modify and save their inserted information whenever they wish.
In order to submit the application form, applicants must insert all the mandatory data marked with an asterisk (*).
We strongly recommend applicants to review the inserted information and uploaded attachments before submitting the application. No changes are allowed to submitted data after the deadline. Erroneous data and/or attachments will be evaluated as they are submitted.
Please note that applicants are responsible for ensuring that their completed application arrives on time. We strongly suggest applicants to submit their application well in advance of the deadline in order to avoid last-minute congestion in the online application procedure.
Data and documents entered into the application form are under the complete responsibility of the applicant. In the event of false declaration(s), the applicant will not be allowed to enrol in any Ph.D. Program at IMT.
For any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit official website: www.imtlucca.it.
- PhD Scholarships, IMT - Institutions, Markets, Technologies, Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy
- PhD Scholarships in Various Programs, IMT Lucca, Italy
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
- Master Scholarships, Research on Information and Communication Technologies, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Scholarships in General Management, University of Bologna, Italy
- MSc Scholarships in Geospatial Technologies and Geoinformatics, University of Muenster, Germany
- Master in Fashion Management Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Italy Scholarships | Beasiswa Italia
- PhD Studentship in Medical / Clinical Devices, Nottingham Trent University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.