During 2014, the Fundación “la Caixa” will provide support for four highly qualified graduate students, in order to carry out their experimental work towards obtaining a PhD degree at the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO; Spanish National Cancer Research Centre) within an International PhD Programme.
In the context of this “la Caixa”-Severo Ochoa International PhD Programme at the CNIO, we are seeking exceptional and highly motivated PhD students who are interested in receiving ample cross-disciplinary training in state-of-the-art basic and applied cancer research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- This call is open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Students holding a university degree (BSc, Diploma, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in biomedical sciences of a minimum of 300 ECTS or holding an official MSc or DEA or equivalent are eligible to apply to the Programme. Students expecting to be awarded with such qualification during the first half of 2014, are also eligible for this Call. This university degree would qualify students to start a PhD thesis in their home country. Non-European university degrees should be equivalent to a European diploma or degree.
- Students must have been awarded their degrees within two years of the relevant submission deadline.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record and previous research experience during their undergraduate career.
- Candidates must have a solid working knowledge of English.
- Co-authorship of publications in MedLine-listed journals will be positively considered.
- Participation in international mobility programmes (including the CNIO Summer Training Programme) will be positively evaluated.
- Individuals may not have been working at the CNIO, at any time, for more than six months before being hired as part of the “la Caixa”/CNIO International PhD Programme. The earliest date to join the Programme is September 1st.
- The upper age limit for eligibility is 30 years.
- Summer Training Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Spain
- CRG / “la Caixa” International PhD Programme Fellowships, Spain
- PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
- The LH Ainsworth Cancer Research Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia
- PhD Studentship in Cancer Studies, Cardiff University, UK
- PhD Scholarship in School of Medicine for Ovarian Cancer Research, Deakin University, Australia
- Master & PhD Scholarships in Mathematical Science, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Master Scholarships in Fashion, Design, Visual Communication & Management, Istituto Europeo di Design, Italy & Spain
- PhD Student in Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer, German Cancer Research Center
- The Beth Yarrow Memorial Award In Medical Science, University of New South Wales, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.cnio.es.