DTU Fotonik seeks qualified candidates for a number of vacant PhD positions. Candidates are invited to apply for a specific project from the list below or to submit individual project proposals. Additional information concerning individual project proposals should be obtained by contacting the potential main supervisor directly. The procedure for these projects is described below.
Network architecture for high demanding video applications Cognitive approach for service oriented integration of home, access and core networks
- Photonic crystal THz fibers and functional fiber devices
- Multi-color all-fiber femtosecond laser tunable in the near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet range
Light Sources & Industrial Sensors
- IR and THz sensing
- Enhanced phase microscopy
- Control of optomechanical nanomembranes with applications for coherent single-photon sources
- Plasmonic nanostructures for improved photovoltaic devices
Other projects: Individual research projects
You may also apply for a PhD project at DTU Fotonik in a different way. In case the above-mentioned projects do not match your interests, you are allowed to provide a project description of your own. In this case, you are required to first contact a potential supervisor directly in order to agree on the project description and supervision. Staff lists are provided in the homepages of each of the department research areas.
Applicable for all scholarships
Candidates should have a master`s in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master`s degree in engineering.
The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide.
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
The application must be received no later than 1 November 2010 by using the online-system. Please open the link below “apply for this job online” (“søg stillingen online”) and fill in the application form. In the space marked “comment”, please write which position you are applying for.
Your application must include following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter motivating the application
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Conversion of grade average to Danish grades ( please use spreadsheet ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants will receive an answer no later than end of December 2010.
Deadline for application: 1 November 2010
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this job online
- Denmark Scholarships | Beasiswa Denmark
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- PhD Fellowship in Fuel Cell Catalysts, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Sea Level Changes from Satellite Altimetry, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Electrocatalysis, Technical University of Denmark
- Postdoc / Researcher Position in Wind Power Variability Modelling, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Host-virus Interactions, National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- PhD Stipend in Mathematics and Physics, Aalborg University, Denmark
- PhD Position in Bioinformatics and Toxicology, Technical University of Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.