Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy (or Femtosecond laser spectroscopy) is a powerful technique for obtaining information on the carrier and quasi-particle dynamics in material systems on ultrashort time scales. This is an emerging field that is full of challenges and new opportunities. Detailed knowledge of such ultrafast dynamics is essential for the development of novel materials for electronics and optoelectronics applications.
We welcome applications for PhD scholarships at the Division of Physics & Applied Physics, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Attractive research scholarships, which provide full-time graduate programme by research with a monthly stipend and a full research fee subsidy on a competitive basis, are available. The research scholarship is bond-free. Applicants must have completed a Master’s degree or have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2nd class honours upper division.
The successful applicant will join the xC-lab research group and work on one of our research projects on condensed matter. All our projects are well-funded and strongly supported by post-doctoral researchers. We welcome you to join us and be part of our dynamic research team!
More information on the application procedures can be found in the graduate prospectus.
Please feel free to contact me (tzechien[at]ntu.edu.sg) if you require more information or advice on the application procedures, cost of living in Singapore etc.
- 2011 Summer Research Internship, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Position in Optical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
- Nanyang Fellows MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.