PhD Stipend in Mathematics (No. 17-11018)
Position No. 17-11018
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences a PhD stipend is available within the general study programme Mathematics and Physics. The stipend is open for appointment from 1st of August 2011 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Research in the Department of Mathematical Sciences takes place in a wide range of mathematical disciplines. For a closer presentation, please look at the home page of the department http://www.math.aau.dk
Allocation of a PhD stipend requires than an agreement can be made with the Department of Mathematical Sciences concerning availability of an supervisor.
You may obtain further information from Head of Department E. Susanne Christensen , Department of Mathematical Sciences , phone: + 45 9940 8927 , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org concerning the technical aspects of the stipend.
PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who hold a Masters degree. PhD stipends are normally for a period of 3 years. It is a prerequisite for allocation of the stipend that the candidate will be enrolled as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of the Faculty of Engineering and Science, in accordance with the regulations of Ministerial Order No. 18 of January 14, 2008 on the PhD Programme at the Universities. According to the Ministerial Order, the progress of the PhD student shall be assessed every six months. It is a prerequisite for continuation of salary payment that the previous progress is approved at the time of the evaluation.
The qualifications of the applicant will be assessed by an assessment committee. On the basis of the recommendation of the assessment committee, the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Science will make a decision for allocating the stipend.
For further information about stipends and salary contact Ms. Helen Kjerstein Kristensen, The Faculty of Engineering and Science, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +45 9940 7373.
The faculty have a research school, The Doctoral School of Engineering, Science and Medicine: www.phd.ins.aau.dk and a Network for all PhD students: www.pau.aau.dk
Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of October 1, 2008 on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the Ministry of Finance Circular of June 13, 2007 on the employment structure at Danish Universities.
For more information, please visit official website: ssl1.peoplexs.com.
- PhD Sholarships in Sparse Signal Processing in Wireless Communications, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Qualifying Examinations for Applicants for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship in Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, University of Sussex, UK
- MSc by Research Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Models and Logics for Verification and Analysis, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
- Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Water Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
- Denmark Scholarships | Beasiswa Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.