Our research group is working on cell-cell adhesion in health and disease, including evolutionary developmental biology (Evo-Devo). We are seeking a highly motivated Ph.D. student to perform research on the molecular evolution and the structures and functions of various cadherin superfamily members in key model organisms ranging from Placozoa and Cnidaria to mammals. The successful candidate will work in a small team and his/her research will involve a wide range of techniques: bioinformatics, recombinant DNA technology, gene and protein expression, targeted gene knockdown, phenotypic analysis, and advanced microscopy. Part of the research will be performed in laboratories outside Belgium.
- You have a keen interest in phylogenomics, molecular cell biology, developmental biology and Evo-Devo questions.
- You work diligently and accurately; you have a sense of responsibility and are eager to learn.
- You read and speak scientific English fluently and you have good communication skills.
- You are mobile and ready to perform long-term experiments abroad.
Last application date: 2011-12-20 12:00
Department: WE14 - Department of Biomedical molecular biology
Degree: Master in Biotechnology-Biochemistry, Master in Biology, Master in Biomedical Sciences, Bioengineer, or equivalent degree with distinction
Send applications in English with curriculum vitae and contact information of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit official website: www.ugent.be.
- PhD Studentships in Evolutionary Systems Biology Group, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship Bioinformatics / Systems Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Optical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
- PhD Student, Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Biology, Colorado State University, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- PhD Studentships in Human Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I am eager to follow this programme, I’ve been waiting for this kind of award so that I could pursue my education, I am alumni of biomedical postgraduated student,
i want to how to do?