The project addresses the question of reprogramming i.e. the artificial process of transformation of a somatic into pluripotent cells. This involves epigenetic resetting, including DNA demethylation of pluripotency genes. Candidates will analyze the role of genes involved in DNA demethylation in mouse mutants. We are an English speaking, international laboratory. Successful candidates will automatically enter the Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research http://www.dkfz.de/phd/
Candidates should have a strong background in cellular/molecular or developmental biology. Experience in mouse development or epigenetics would be particularly desirable. Applications should include cover letter, CV, copies of high school exam (e.g. Abitur, Baccalaureat) and university exams and address details of 2 referees.
The position is initially limited to 3 years with the possibility for an extension.
Application deadline: September 30, 2011
For more information, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Christof Niehrs
Phone 06221 42-4690
For more information, please visit official website: www.dkfz.de.
- PhD Student in Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer, German Cancer Research Center
- Master / Doctoral Student in Bioinformatics and Cellular Mechanics, German Cancer Research Center
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Brain Aging and Neurodegeneration, The German Research Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE), Germany
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany
- PhD in Cancer Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- PhD Studentship in Radiation Oncology & Experimental Cancer Research, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cancer Research, Duke University, USA
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Fellowships 2011 - 2012, France