Hasselt University, in collaboration with Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO), announces the following position (m/f)
PhD student in (Statistical) Bioinformatics (2×2 jaar)
The candidate will conduct research in statistical and (bio)informatics methods supporting the design and analysis of peptide centric mass-spectrometry experiments. The research will be situated in the context of the studies conducted at VITO. The candidate will be active in both institutes (50/50).
- You have a strong quantitative background;
- You are intrinsically motivated, think analytically and creatively, work in an organised and focused manner ;
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment (bioinformatics, statistics, computer sciences, molecular biology, analytical chemistry);
- Experience in the use of statistical/mathematical software such as SAS, R, Matlab etc., is strongly recommended.
Licentiate, Master, or equivalent diploma in bioinformatics, (bio)statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational biology, bioengineering, or related field. Research experience is considered an advantage (e.g. by M.Sc. dissertation). Applicants should have a good knowledge of English. Presentation of TOEFL-results or an equivalent certificate of knowledge of English is considered a definite plus.
The appointment takes effect from 01.02.2011 for a period of 2 years, extendable to a total period of 4 years. The candidate will be simultaneously appointed at the Center for Statistics, the UHasselt entity of the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics, and at the Environmental Analysis and Technology business unit of VITO.
- Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Tomasz Burzykowski +32 11-26 82 43, email@example.com
- Dr. Dirk Valkenborg, +32 3-265 33 87, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, email@example.com
Official application forms
- can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach us no later than January 11th 2011.
- PhD Student in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Architecture, PHL University College, Belgium
- PhD Studentship Bioinformatics / Systems Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.