PhD Student Traffic Assignment (2×2 years)
PhD student Traffic Assignment (2×2 years) (mandate 090/32/096)
This PhD project consists of assigning the journeys (an origin-destination matrix) generated by an activity-based transport model to a traffic network (traffic assignment). Traditionally, an `assignment model` is being used for this end. The goal of this research project is to study the existing assignment models and then improving them by means of extra information delivered by the activity-based transport model regarding the journeys made.
The candidate must have affinity with quantitative research- and data-analysis methods and software programming.
Master Civil Engineer, Master Statistics, Master Mathematics, Master Commercial Engineer (in Business Information Systems), Master in the Engineering Sciences, Master Informatics, Master Transportation Sciences, or an equivalent degree. Senior students are also encouraged to apply.
It concerns a PhD scholarship which is situated within the BOF-project `Measuring road safety impacts of traffic policy measures using travel demand models`. The candidate will be appointed for a period of 2×2 years (with an evaluation after 2 years). The starting date can be negotiated.
1. Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Geert Wets, +32 11 26 91 58, geert.wets[at]uhasselt.be
- Prof. dr. Davy Janssens, +32 11 26 91 28, davy.janssens[at]uhasselt.be
2. Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, jef.vanvoorden[at]uhasselt.be
Applicants must use the official application forms
- which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than June 4, 2010.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: jobs[at]uhasselt.be
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Architecture, PHL University College, Belgium
- PhD in Biochemistry - Biotechnology, Hasselt University, Belgium