For our group, we are looking for enthusiastic PhD students in bioinformatics/systems biology. You will be involved in a project which is highly complementary to ongoing research in the group, where microarray, proteomics and interaction data related to growth control is generated. You will be responsible for the application and development of computational methods to analyze and integrate these data. You will collaborate with both experimental and computational biologists to obtain a systems-level understanding of leaf growth.
Please consult this page for more information.
- You have a degree in Bioinformatics, Informatics or in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Bioengineering.
- You have a good knowledge/experience in programming (Perl, R, Java and/or C++).
- You have knowledge or experience with databases (mySQL).
- You have an interest in web design (PHP).
- You speak English fluently.
- You have good communication skills. You are a team player. You are independent and like to take initiative. You are flexible.
We offer a contract of 2 years, within University Gent, with the possibility of prolongation. We offer a diverse job in a young team, an open and informal work atmosphere and in modern facilities. The Department of Plant Systems Biology, VIB, University Gent (www.psb.ugent.be) is an internationally renowned and dynamic research institute that employs molecular genetics, genomics and bioinformatics to unravel developmental processes in plants and is led by Prof. Dirk Inzé.
Start date: as soon as possible, the position remains vacant until a suitable candidate is found.
Information: Further information can be obtained by contacting Stefanie De Bodt (stefanie.debodt[ at ]psb.ugent.be)
Application: Send your letter of motivation, your CV and if possible references to:
Department of Plant Systems Biology
Tel: +32 93313806
or through email to hilde.diegenant[ at ]psb.ugent.be
- PhD Studentships in Evolutionary Systems Biology Group, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Student, Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- PhD Fellowships in Systems Biology of Human Metabolism, University of Iceland, Iceland
- PhD Studentships in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology, University College Cork, Ireland
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- VLIR-UOS Master Scholarships, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
- Master Scholarships in Biosciences, University of Exeter, UK
- PhD Studentships in Microbiology, Swansea University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.