A Rio Tinto studentship is being offered to an excellent student in Chemical Engineering, Minerals Processing or related disciplines. The studentship will cover all student fees, and also offers a tax-free stipend of approximately £15,590 per annum for the period 2010/2011. Applications will be considered from both local and overseas students.
Heap leaching is a process for extracting metals from ores. It is rapidly increasing in its usage due to lower operating and capital costs compared to more conventional extraction methods. Understanding the fluid flow and mass transport processes occurring within the heap is essential to improving its design and operation.
This project will be predominantly experimental and will involve the use of a variety of techniques to investigate fluid flow within heaps at both the laboratory and pilot scale. The candidate should have a good understanding of fluid dynamics and desirably some knowledge or experience of minerals processing.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dr Stephen Neethling (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Details of the criteria required by Imperial College can be found at: www.imperial.ac.uk/pgprospectus/studyzone/registrationforhigherdegrees
Application forms and instructions can be obtained from our website: (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/earthscienceandengineering/courses/phdopportunities/ phdapplicationprocedure) or from Ms Samantha Delamaine (e-mail: email@example.com or Tel: +44 (0) 207 594 7339).
Applicants will be processed when received with the expectation that the post will be filled by September 2010 and no later than December 2010
- PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentships in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
- Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics, Imperial College London, UK
- King’s Annual Fund Studentship (KAF), King’s College London, UK
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
- Biomedical Engineering Scholarship, King’s College London, UK
- Addiction PhD Studentship, Department of Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (DNA from Ancient Soils), Australia & New Zealand
- Seminar Beasiswa S2 & S3, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Arab Saudi
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.