The aim of the School is to train young scholars to be capable of using innovative methodologies to develop advanced research that, starting out from an understanding of how animal organisms function, enables them to intervene at different levels for the ultimate purpose of maintaining animal health and fitness, identifying the causes of pathologies, improving production and safeguarding public health by controlling widespread, potentially zoonotic diseases and controlling the healthiness of foods with an animal origin, without neglecting the need to protect the environment. In this way, partnerships and exchanges of scientific and didactic experiences between lecturers and postgraduate students from different disciplinary backgrounds will be encouraged, so as to generate a culturally stimulating environment and to diversify and improve on the training on offer.
The lecturers involved in the three PhD courses, which constitute an homogeneous nucleus in terms of cultural preparation, areas of scientific interest and methodological approaches, will guarantee a good degree of integration of their training capacities, while maintaining the specific diversities of the areas represented.
Applications for selection are invited from non EU citizens who do not come within the purview of Italian Legislative Decree N° 286, dated 25 July 1998, as amended by Law N° 189, dated 30 July 2002 and hold a foreign degree. The candidates’ degrees will be recognised as equivalent to the Italian “Laurea magistrale” (exclusively for the purposes of this competition) by the competent Academic Board.
The University can at any time exclude candidates lacking the admission requirements.
The application should be submitted using the attached form available on the University web site http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm and must arrive, together with the qualifications listed below, by 15 September 2011 using one of the following methods:
- by fax to: +39-02-50313731
- by e-mail to: email@example.com
- by post to:
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Festa del Perdono, 7
I - 20122 Milano ITALY
Applications and qualifications arriving after the deadline (15 September 2011) will not be considered.
Candidates will apply for a single Research Doctorate/Ph.D. Degree Course; should a Graduate School involve different Research Doctorate/Ph.D. degree courses, applicants will opt for only one among those indicated.
The application form must be completed in all its parts.
The following documents must be attached to the application form:
- a certificate related to the most recent academic degree, translated into Italian or English;
- a curriculum studiorum stating examinations taken and grades gained with a brief description of their contents; the curriculum should be accompanied by a report on any research carried out by the candidate;
- a list of publications (if any);
- a letter of recommendation by the teachers or tutors who supervised the candidate on his/her studies at Home University;
- any further candidate’s qualifications that should be taken into account, including the study and research programmes he/she intends to carry out in Milan.
All documents must be in Italian or English, or accompanied by a translation into Italian or English.
Admission and enrollment
Admission to a Research Doctorate/Ph.D. Degree Course is decided by the Academic Board. The Academic Board’s decision will be made known through a list of admitted candidates available on the University web site http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm by 12 October 2011.
No personal communication relating to the results of the competition will be given.
Winners should enrol, under penalty of exclusion, by 31 October 2011 by presenting the following documents to the address given in article 4:
a) the enrollment form, available on the web site at the address: http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm
b) photocopy of an identity document
c) a passport-size photograph
d) qualification translated by an official translator and certified by an Italian diplomatic office (Embassy or Consulate) in the country where the qualification was obtained
e) “declaration of local value” issued by the same diplomatic office.
Successful applicants, whose annual income does not exceed € 15,000.00 (occasional self-employed work incomes are excluded), are entitled to get a scholarship amounting to € 13,638.47 (gross total) per year. If an applicant selected to receive a studentship fails to enrol, the studentship will be assigned to the selected applicant following in the list.
For more information, please visit official website: www.unimi.it.
- PhD Scholarships in Economics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Animal Nutrition and Food Safety, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Industrial Chemistry, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Biological and Molecular Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Animal Biology, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Molecular Sciences and Plant, Food and Environmental Biotechnology, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Scholarships in Economics & Management, University of Trento, Italy
- MSc Scholarships at Alta Scuola Politecnica, Italy
- Masters Scholarships, POLIdesign, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- International Master in Quaternary and Prehistory (IMQP), Erasmus Mundus