In the frame of the Association University - University Colleges Limburg, Hasselt University announces in collaboration with the Department of Arts & Architecture of the PHL University College the following position (m/f):
PhD Studentship (2×2 years) for a `PhD in Architecture` (mandaat 090/32/038)
PhD research in the domain of Re-destination, on: ‘Robustness of energy saving measures in dwellings’. Objective of the doctoral research is an in depth analysis of the robustness of energy saving measures in dwellings by means of in situ measurements and dynamic building simulations. Robustness can be defined as the ability to remain efficient under changing conditions.
- Clear interest in the domain of energy, technical, social and practical aspects of sustainable buildings and building simulations;
- Able to generate independently research questions with the appropriate methodology;
- Intrinsically motivated and able to think analytically and creatively and to work in an organised and focused manner;
- A good knowledge of spoken and written English is required;
- Able to work in and build up an international academic research network and to work in team.
- Master in architecture, master in industrial sciences: construction, master in civil engineering, master in engineering: architecture or an equivalent degree;
- Proven relevant experience in scientific research is a plus.
- Master students in their final year are also encouraged to apply.
1. Content job responsibilities: prof. dr. ir. arch Griet Verbeeck, +32 11 24 92 00, gverbeeck[at]mail.phl.be
2. Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, jef.vanvoorden[at]uhasselt.be
Applicants must use the official application forms
- which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
- or which can be downloaded here pdf-file (http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.pdf) / Word format (http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc)
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than Wednesday, June 30, 2010. Selection interviews are planned for the beginning of July 2010.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: jobs[at]uhasselt.be.
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- MA in Architecture and Cities Scholarship, Kent School of Architecture, University of Kent, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- The Wightman Postgraduate Scholarship in Architecture, University of New South Wales, Australia
- MSc Research Studentship at the Fluids, Vibration & Acoustics Group, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- King’s Annual Fund Studentship (KAF), King’s College London, UK
- Seminar Beasiswa S2 & S3, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Arab Saudi
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.