The Faculty of Medicine of Hasselt University and the regional hospitals ‘Jessa Ziekenhuis (Hasselt)’ and ‘Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg (ZOL, Genk), which collaborate intensively, wish to strengthen medical scientific research in Limburg. Within the framework of a starting project (supported by ‘Limburg Sterk Merk’), the following position (m/f) is available:
PhD Studentship in ‘(Bio)medical Research’ Cluster Infectious diseases (2×2 years)
The candidate will perform research in order to prepare a PhD thesis in the domain of infectious diseases, specifically for the project ‘the role of innate immunity in appendicitis’. The candidate will collaborate in a research project that aims at better understanding disease processes in order to develop new concepts that can be translated into clinical practice. The candidate will work closely together with the medical services of the hospital ‘Jessa’ and will do research at the lab Experimental Internal Medicine of the UMC St Radboud Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Profile and diploma
Candidates should hold one of the following degrees: Licentiate/Master in life sciences (e.g. biomedical sciences, pharmacy, bio-engineering, medicine, veterinary medicine, rehabilitation sciences) or an equivalent academic college degree. Also last year Masters students are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates have excellent communication skills and sufficient knowledge of English. Candidates should be very motivated to finish a PhD and have good research skills. Knowledge of the field and experience in the domain are recommended.
A PhD grant for 2×2 years (extension on condition of a positive evaluation).
- Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Piet Stinissen, +32-11 26 93 03, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. I. Gyssens, +32-11 30 94 85, email@example.com
- Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, firstname.lastname@example.org
Official application forms
- can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
- or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach us no later than January 11th 2011.
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Architecture, PHL University College, Belgium
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium