Tax free stipend of £13,290 plus tuition fees at the Home / EU level (subject to satisfactory progress). Vacancy Reference IRC378.
Applications are invited for an MPhil/PhD studentship at the Faculty of Health and Applied Social Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University UK in collaboration with the Children`s Nursing Research Unit. The Children`s Nursing Research Unit (CNRU), based at Alder Hey Children`s NHS Foundation Trust, was established in September 2008. Professor Bernie Carter leads this collaborative venture between Alder Hey and three partner higher education institutions: Liverpool John Moores, Edge Hill and University of Central Lancashire.
Candidates are expected to hold a good Honours (first class or upper second class) or postgraduate degree in a relevant area and able to demonstrate strong research potential. Experience of health service based research, experimental design and statistical analysis of data is desirable. The successful candidate will be based at Liverpool John Moores University and work under the supervision of Lyvonne Tume in collaboration with Professor Fiona Irvine and Professor Bernie Carter (CNRU) along with other clinically based supervisors at the Alder Hey Children`s NHS Foundation Trust.
The position is offered for 3 years (or the possibility of a part-time equivalent) (subject to satisfactory progress and transfer from MPhil to PhD), commencing June 2010. Funding will be provided by LJMU and includes a tax-free stipend of £13,290 and tuition fees payable at the Home/EU level (subject to satisfactory progress). As the studentship will involve working with children, appointment will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
The job description and person specification can be downloaded by clinking on the link under the advert on the vacancies pages at the ljmu website www.ljmu.ac.uk
Informal enquiries may be made to Director of Studies Lyvonne Tume, (l.tume[at]ljmu.ac.uk).
To apply please submit the following by mail or email to Lyvonne Tume (l.tume[at]ljmu.ac.uk) at the Faculty of Health and Applied Social Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Kingsway House, Hatton Garden, Liverpool, L3 2AJ United Kingdom. Please mark your envelope or email subject `studentship application`.
a) Full CV and completed `Postgraduate Application Form` (http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/RGSO/100087.htm); please include your full home address and all contact details. Also include two references.
b) Copies of transcripts and diplomas (UK/EU applicants).
c) Proof of English language knowledge (overseas applicants only).
The closing date: 26 April 2010
- PhD Studentships in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
- John Henry Brookes Master Scholarships, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK
- MSc/PhD Studentship in Medical Statistics, University of Liverpool, UK
- LLB Law for Graduates Scholarships, University of Liverpool, UK
- PhD Studentship in Medical / Clinical Devices, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards, The University of Liverpool, UK
- PhD Studentship in Dept of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Starthclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
- Postgraduate Studentships in Research of Energy, Environment and Health, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.