The University of Milan announces a competition by selection on the basis of academic qualifications for the admission of non EU citizens to the following Research Doctorate/Ph.D. degree courses:
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF CHEMICAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGIES
The School’s main aims and objectives are:
- to promote training and research in the extensive field of chemical sciences and technologies and of their multiple applications;
- to promote an interdisciplinary and scientifically modern approach to the study of chemical problems, from the laboratory scale to that of the industrial production of all kinds of chemical products (pharmaceuticals, materials, additives, products for agriculture etc.);
- to encourage collaboration between research institutes, advanced training institutes and firms in the sectors of basic and applied chemical sciences;
- to encourage the internationalization of doctorates by involving foreign lecturers, recruiting postgraduate students from outside Italy, making provision for theses to be co-tutored and arranging for the postgraduate students to spend time studying and researching abroad;
- to organize and rationalize the postgraduate students’ educational and training activities optimally.
To this end, the system of training credits is applied in the School’s educational and training activities. All postgraduate students must acquire at least 45 credits by taking part in the educational and training activities common to the three PhD courses relative to the School and held in English with methods for verifying and recognising the credits, dedicated to the methodological aspects and interdisciplinary perspectives. The activity of academic and training research constitutes the School’s most important commitment and will be conducted by the postgraduate students under the guidance of a tutor.
Applications for selection are invited from non EU citizens who do not come within the purview of Italian Legislative Decree N° 286, dated 25 July 1998, as amended by Law N° 189, dated 30 July 2002 and hold a foreign degree. The candidates’ degrees will be recognised as equivalent to the Italian “Laurea magistrale” (exclusively for the purposes of this competition) by the competent Academic Board.
The University can at any time exclude candidates lacking the admission requirements.
The application should be submitted using the attached form available on the University web site http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm and must arrive, together with the qualifications listed below, by 15 September 2011 using one of the following methods:
- by fax to: +39-02-50313731
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to:
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Festa del Perdono, 7
I - 20122 Milano ITALY
Applications and qualifications arriving after the deadline (15 September 2011) will not be considered.
Candidates will apply for a single Research Doctorate/Ph.D. Degree Course; should a Graduate School involve different Research Doctorate/Ph.D. degree courses, applicants will opt for only one among those indicated.
The application form must be completed in all its parts.
The following documents must be attached to the application form:
- a certificate related to the most recent academic degree, translated into Italian or English;
- a curriculum studiorum stating examinations taken and grades gained with a brief description of their contents; the curriculum should be accompanied by a report on any research carried out by the candidate;
- a list of publications (if any);
- a letter of recommendation by the teachers or tutors who supervised the candidate on his/her studies at Home University;
- any further candidate’s qualifications that should be taken into account, including the study and research programmes he/she intends to carry out in Milan.
All documents must be in Italian or English, or accompanied by a translation into Italian or English.
Admission and enrollment
Admission to a Research Doctorate/Ph.D. Degree Course is decided by the Academic Board. The Academic Board’s decision will be made known through a list of admitted candidates available on the University web site http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm by 12 October 2011.
No personal communication relating to the results of the competition will be given.
Winners should enrol, under penalty of exclusion, by 31 October 2011 by presenting the following documents to the address given in article 4:
a) the enrollment form, available on the web site at the address: http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/dottorati/19244.htm
b) photocopy of an identity document
c) a passport-size photograph
d) qualification translated by an official translator and certified by an Italian diplomatic office (Embassy or Consulate) in the country where the qualification was obtained
e) “declaration of local value” issued by the same diplomatic office.
Successful applicants, whose annual income does not exceed € 15,000.00 (occasional self-employed work incomes are excluded), are entitled to get a scholarship amounting to € 13,638.47 (gross total) per year. If an applicant selected to receive a studentship fails to enrol, the studentship will be assigned to the selected applicant following in the list.
For more information, please visit official website: www.unimi.it.
- PhD Scholarships in Economics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Biological and Molecular Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Animal Production, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Molecular Sciences and Plant, Food and Environmental Biotechnology, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Animal Nutrition and Food Safety, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Studentship in Animal Biology, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- PhD Scholarships in Economics & Management, University of Trento, Italy
- MSc Scholarships at Alta Scuola Politecnica, Italy
- Masters Scholarships, POLIdesign, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Master in Fashion Direction Scholarships, Milano Fashion Institute, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.