The School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment at Nottingham Trent University has an ambitious development strategy which allows us to offer an exciting opportunity for a PhD Studentship. The studentships will pay UK/EU fees and provide a maintenance stipend linked to the RCUK rate (£13,590 per annum for 2011/12) for up to three years.
Applications are invited from those looking to pursue doctoral study in the subject area of medical/clinical device development. The research area could include design applications utilizing smart materials and technologies.
Designers are increasingly becoming aware of the potential use and integration of smart materials and technologies within their designs. One of the critical steps towards building innovative surgical solutions will be to link physicians and product designers utilizing the appropriate materials and technologies to provide tangible improvements in patient care and treatment.
Designers are trained to think three dimensionally about form. In creating a new medical device, designers must understand the complex set of issues that exist in a variety of environments. It also illustrates the need for designers to understand a wide range of styles and techniques and transform ideas and visions into new pioneering products ready for market.
We are interested in considering applications that will demonstrate an integrated design approach with a keen interest in utilizing and implementing novel technologies.
For informal discussions please contact Dr Phil Breedon email@example.com
For further information and an application pack please contact: +44 (0)115 848 2108 firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midnight Friday 15 April 2011.
- School of Arts and Humanities Global Scholarship, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- MBA Scholarships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Executive MBA Scholarships, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- 12 PhD Studentships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- PhD Studentship, Injury Patterns in Elite Sport & Development of Osteoarthritis, University of Nottingham, UK
- Psychology Scholarships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- MA / MSc Scholarships, Nottingham University Business School, UK
- MSc by Research in Documentation Process of Medical Devices, Cranfield University, UK
- MSc/PhD Studentship in Medical Statistics, University of Liverpool, UK
- MSc in Drug Discovery & Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, University of Nottingham, UK