Applications are invited for a three-year fully funded PhD studentship in the School of Psychology, Bangor University under the supervision of Dr Giovanni d’Avossa. The studentship is available from October 1st 2010 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and includes payment of UK / EU level tuition fees, a maintenance allowance of approximately £13,590 and a research allowance of £750 per year for 3 years.
The lab research interests are the central mechanisms of visual attention and spatial vision assessed with behavioral and functional imaging methods. A large registry of brain injured patients with focal lesions in cortical and subcortical structures is maintained by Prof. Rafal and Dr. d’Avossa, allowing interested applicants the opportunity to test individuals with specific visual and attentional impairments. The lab has equipment for visual testing, including a large touch screen and state of the art eye-tracker. The lab is also well set up for the analysis of imaging data acquired on the 3T Phillips MR scanner housed in the ground floor of the building where the School of Psychology is located.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and appointment is subject to a clear enhanced CRB check. The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 31st August 2010.
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr Giovanni d’Avossa: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Applicants must have a first or upper second-class honours degree in Psychology or a related subject and we would normally expect applicants to have completed a Masters degree. International students are welcome to apply. However, our studentships only cover fees at the UK/EU level. The School offers a fee bursary of up to £4500 p.a. for exceptional international students.
Applicants should complete an application form which should be saved and returned to: email@example.com or:
Ms Catrin Roberts
PhD Admissions and Events
School of Psychology, Bangor University
Gwynedd, LL57 2AS
- PhD Studentships, Prof David Linden, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD Studentships, Prof Oliver Turnbull, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD Studentships, Prof Bob Woods, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Bangor University, UK
- International Research Scholarship, Bangor University, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- 140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK
- International Undergraduate Scholarship, School of Psychology, University of Kent, UK
- Addiction PhD Studentship, Department of Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK