Research at University College Falmouth is about ideas: generating them, applying them, sharing them. Our emphasis is on practice-led and user-led inquiry that is collaborative in nature and multidisciplinary in scope.
We now invite applications for 16 new studentships for doctoral study, starting in October 2009, in areas that match our range of supervisory expertise in Art, Media, Design and Performance and that will contribute to the advancement of Cornwall’s knowledge economy.
In particular, and to coincide with our involvement in the Design Council’s Designs of the Time initiative in Cornwall, we would welcome proposals in aspects of user-centred design. Given our status as a national Skillset Media Academy and our plans for a new Academy for Innovation & Research, we are also particularly interested in questions around emerging media technologies, sustainable design, arts and the environment, creative communities, industries and networks.
We strongly recommend that applicants discuss potential proposals with one of the following members of staff - all of whom are well-placed to refer inquiries to the most appropriate colleague.
ContactsDesign | Dr Katie Bunnell: katie.bunnell[ at ]falmouth.ac.uk
Emerging media technologies | Prof. Jason Whittaker: jason.whittaker[ at ]falmouth.ac.uk
Creative Communities | Dr Deborah Sugg Ryan: deborah.suggryan[ at ]falmouth.ac.uk
Contemporary Art Practices | Dr Daro Montag: daro.montag[ at ]falmouth.ac.uk
Contemporary Performance Practices and their Contexts (Choreography, Devised Theatre, Music, Performance Writing) | Dr John Hall: john.hall[ at ]falmouth.ac.uk
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- MA Studentships, School of Journalism, Media and Communication, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- PhD Studentships in Microbiology, Swansea University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Mathematics, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Spain
- PhD Studentships in Political Science, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.