PhD Studentships: Behaviour, Choices and Markets
University of Aberdeen
The principle aim of Behaviour, Choices and Markets is to create a platform for a comprehensive investigation of behaviour and choice within markets and society. This is set within an all-embracing framework interpreted through the perspectives of economic and social science principles. Incentives and choice lie at the heart of human behaviour and through societal interactions can result in multitudinous market outcomes (national and international) often with far reaching consequences. Inherent within the project is an inter-disciplinary approach drawing upon fundamental social science methodologies. The outcomes of the project will generate knowledge and intellectual curiosity about the impact of behavioural interactions on the welfare of society.
The available studentships at PhD level are:
- Two PhD studentships exploring Energy Markets (one starting 2010, one starting 2011);
- Two PHD studentships in Experimental Economics utilising the Scottish Experimental Economics Laboratory (one starting 2010, one starting 2011);
- Two PhD awards within Labour Market Economics (one starting 2010, one starting 2011);
- A one year Masters in Research (starting 2010) with a view to a PhD (starting 2011) investigating International Property Investment.
These studentships may cover Home/EU or Overseas tuition fees. In addition, the committee awarding studentships for the project will be able to allocate some funds towards maintenance.
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
- Chevron MSc Subsea Engineering Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Vocal Music Scholarships, University of Aberdeen, UK
- 12 PhD Studentships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Donald Withrington Scholarship in Modern Scottish History, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Business Scholarships for International Students, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Jim Duncan Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Plymouth University CogNovo Research Studentships, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.