The HITLab Australia (HITLab AU) is a specialist human interface technology teaching and research centre developed by the University of Tasmania within the School of Computing and Information Systems. Established in 2008, it partners with the world-renowned HITLab US (http://www.hitl.washington.edu) based at the University of Washington in Seattle and has links with the HITLab NZ (http://www.hitlabnz.org) based at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. We undertake research in a range of areasincluding, interactive surfaces, visualization, mixed reality, tangible interfaces, gaming and augmented reality.
We are now advertising 6 fully funded PhD scholarships in advanced interface technology.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to both undertake basic research and be able to build high-quality prototype systems to demonstrate their research, as well as making a strong contribution to the group`s publication activities and industrial research collaborations. PhD candidates should have achieved (or expect to achieve) a first class honours or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline, and have a keen interest in research.
Outstanding students from outside of these disciplines will also be considered for these scholarships if they demonstrate how they can complete each research project within the HITLab whilst enrolled in a different discipline.
Applications from International Students will be considered. Such students may not be eligible for the Elite Scholarships but other sources of scholarship may be offered.
Emailed applications should contain the following (as PDF or Text - only):
- Title of the PhD project for which the application relates in the Subject Line
- A Personal Statement outlining the research project that they are interested in and why
- A detailed CV or resume (clearly indicating research experience and grades)
- The names and email addresses for two referees (PDF references can also be included to speed up the application process)
The deadline for applications is March 17th, 2010.
Applications for these scholarships must come directly to the HITLab Australiaat enquiries[at]hitlab.utas.edu.au
- 100 Elite Research Scholarships, University of Tasmania, Australia
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- International PhD in Biomolecular Technology of Proteins, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Austria
- PhD Studentships, Internet Commerce Security Laboratory, University of Ballarat, Australia
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- 12 PhD Studentships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- PhD Research Scholarship in Asia Pacific Studies, University of Wollongong, Australia
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- La Trobe Business School Master of Management Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.