DPhil (PhD) STUDENTSHIP – MRI Physics - University of Oxford
The Department of Clinical Neurology invites applications from Home and EU (fees only unless residency requirements are fulfilled) postgraduate students, with good degrees (first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent), for a DPhil studentship. The Department has the resources to support one student for three years in accordance with current Research Council guidelines.
The project will involve developing new integrated, semi-automated image analysis methodologies for a newly developed oxygen-inhalation functional MRI technique. The research will require the successful candidate to possess or develop a range of skills from physics and engineering, through statistics and programming to a basic understanding of neurophysiology and biochemistry.
Previous experience in advanced programming languages such as C or C++, and familiarity with environments such as Matlab would be a definite advantage.
Research activities are located at the Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain (FMRIB) at the John Radcliffe Hospital. Students are actively involved in a variety of programmes and seminars within the Department and more broadly with other University departments. There is a rich exposure to a wide variety of technologies, visiting speakers and the opportunity for travel to national and international meetings and workshops.
Further details on the proposed project can be obtained from www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/physics
Please contact Dr Daniel Bulte bulte[at]fmrib.ox.ac.uk or Anne Taylor anne.taylor[ at ]clneuro.ox.ac.uk before submitting an application.
Applications should cite Source Code: 10CLINNEUR03JOB.
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- 100 Scholarships from University of Oxford, UK
- PhD in Genomic Medicine and Statistics, University of Oxford, UK
- Robin & Nadine Wells Scholarship, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- St Cross Scholarship in Global Health Science, University of Oxford, UK
- MPhil Scholarship in Humanities and Social Sciences, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Unilever Graduate Scholarship in the Sciences, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Studentships in Molecular Dynamics and/or Monte-Carlo Simulations of an Ion-channel, University of Warwick, UK
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK