The chair of Logistics and Supply Chain Management at the University of Vienna offers a PhD-candidate position in its expanding international research team. The position includes participation in the faculty’s PhD program in Logistics and Operations Management and the opportunity to conduct a research project under the supervision of experienced senior researchers. A four year scholarship, the possibility to spend some time at a foreign research institution, and to present research results at leading international conferences are provided. The position further offers the opportunity to gain teaching experience (all Logistics and Supply Chain courses are taught in English) and to disseminate the research results within projects with industry. Our research areas include supply chain inventory management (especially service parts and retail applications), supply chain coordination (using game theoretic approaches), and strategic network design.
The Department of Business Administration is, according to the latest ranking by Handelsblatt, the #1 research institution in Business Administration in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. The city of Vienna, according to the latest Mercer survey, offers the highest quality of life worldwide.
- PhD Scholarships in Finance at Vienna Graduate School of Finance, Austria
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- International PhD in Biomolecular Technology of Proteins, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Austria
- PhD Student in Mathematical Finance / Financial Risk Modelling, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Doctoral Positions, Department of Digital Architecture and Planning, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Postdoctoral on Protein Refolding, Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology, Austria
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Political Science, Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- PhD Studentships in Political Science, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
- MBA Scholarships (Logistics), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- PhD Research Assistanships in Coupled Human - Natural Systems Modeling, Arizona State University, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.