Department of Physics of Gebze Institute of Technology (GIT, Turkey) and Spin-electronics group of Institut für Festkörperforschung (IFF) at Forschungszentrum Juelich (FZJ, Germany) are applying for joint grants for PhD students to conduct research at FZJ and GIT. PhD student(s) will conduct studies of nanomagnetic structures prospective for spintronic applications. The studies will include the preparation of various nanomagnets and probing their dynamic magnetic properties using high-frequency techniques (magnetic resonance).
Funding for 1 or 2 PhD positions may be available upon evaluation by both cooperative parties and the funding agencies of the program. The expected evaluation period is about 3-4 months. Candidates are expected to have a master degree (or to be sure in obtaining MSc before the end of July, 2009). Other requirement is that the candidate which will conduct studies in Germany has to be enrolled (or, at least, to plan an application) for PhD program at GIT (or another Turkish University) with the supervisor from GIT, or vice versa, the candidate intended to conduct studies in Turkey has to be enrolled at German University with PhD thesis supervisor at IFF.
Candidates are expected to prove their excellent study or research achievements, and knowledge of English.
Candidates should send by e-mail before June 21, 2009:
- a short CV,
- a short description of previous experience
- and their research interests.
Prospective applicants will be contacted for further information and later asked to visit the GIT or FZJ for interview.
rameev[ at ]gyte.edu.tr
- PhD Scholarships in Materials Science, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
- PhD Studentships, Prof David Linden, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD Studentships in MRI Physics, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Studentship in Phenotypic Engineering of Higher Plants, Leiden University, Netherlands
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany
- PhD Position in Biophysical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Neuroimaging, Europe
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia