The University of Antwerp is a knowledge centre with 3.600 co-workers that performs ground-breaking and innovative research of international standing. The university takes special care to ensure optimum support and supervision of students, and pays constant attention to educational innovation. The university is an autonomous pluralistic institution that is committed to the enhancement of an open, democratic and multicultural society, and it pursues an equal opportunities policy.
Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology
The Evolutionary Ecology Group has the following position available:
Ph.D.-student in the field of Ecology of Infections (m/f)
The Ph.D.-student will join a group of researchers working on rodent-borne diseases and population dynamics, in the framework of a project entitled “Infectious disease models: wildlife ecology, ecological disturbance and transmission to humans.”This project is a collaboration with the UAs Centre for Health Economics Research & Modeling Infectious Diseases. Changing environmental conditions (e.g. climate) are likely to affect the ecology of infections, through changes in the abundance of susceptible natural host populations or by affecting transmission rates (directly or through vectors). The project investigates these effects, through observations, experiments and mathematical modeling, for five model infections selected for their different characteristics (hantaviruses in voles, plague in gerbils, arenavirus in African mice, dengue fever in humans, rotaviruses in vaccinated humans). The Ph.D.-student will focus on the hantavirus and/or arenavirus model systems.
- PhD Scholarship in Ecological Parasitology, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- PhD Studentships in Human Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Doctoral Student in Accounting, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Master of Ecological Marine Management, ECOMAMA, VlLIR-UOS Scholarship Programme 2010, Belgium
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Immunology Related Fields, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Biologicals, Belgium
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.