Internet Commerce Security Laboratory (ICSL)
Graduate School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
The University of Ballarat is offering a unique opportunity for students undertaking PhD studies in the area of Internet Commerce Security to receive up to A$120k over three years. You will work on real problems and data related to current fraud activity faced by many financial organisations in the world of internet commerce security.
The University of Ballarat, Westpac Banking Corporation and IBM have jointly established the Internet Commerce Security Laboratory (ICSL) to carry out research into eSecurity and cybercrime.
Current research themes include profiling of phishing e-mails and websites, profiling of malware, fraud detection, identity theft and recovery, and forensic imaging techniques.
To be successful in your application, you must have:
- A first class honours degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Law or Business/Commerce
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and aptitude for both a research and commercial environment
You must be willing to:
- Successfully complete a PhD in this research area
- Be part of a motivated, dynamic and creative environment
- Apply your knowledge to critical real world problems
- Be ready for employment opportunities that will exist in this field
Scholarship: A$26,000 per annum (tax free). The Scholarship term is three years.
Laboratory: Applicants are also able to apply for additional optional funding of A$14,000 per annum (taxable) for Laboratory engagement.
Applicants are required to access the specific PhD application form from:
http://www.ballarat.edu.au/ard/ubresearch/hdrs/scholarships/docs/ICS PhD Application.doc
Applicants are requested to complete Sections A and B of the PhD Application Form and answer the Key Selection Criteria, and submit all documentation to the Research & Graduate Studies Office by 31 October 2009.
Please contact the Director of Postgraduate Research in the Graduate School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences, Dr Phil Smith p.smith[at]ballarat.edu.au, if you have any questions regarding these positions.
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Master Degree Scholarships in Computer Science, University of Surrey, UK
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- International Graduate Studentships, Master and PhD, Smart Structures Laboratory, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- Information Systems Undergraduate Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Master and PhD Studentships in Mathematical Science, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Nuclear Security Fellowship, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University, USA
- PhD Fellowships in Grenoble Informatics, Grenoble Informatics Laboratory, France
- PhD Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.