Applications are invited for a three-year fully funded PhD studentship in the School of Psychology, Bangor University under the supervision of Prof David Linden. The studentship is available from October 1st 2010 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and includes payment of UK / EU level tuition fees, a maintenance allowance of approximately £13,590 and a research allowance of £750 per year for 3 years.
The project will use functional magnetic resonance imaging and behavioural methods to study the emotion networks of the brain and the effects of neurofeedback (see Johnston et al., Neuroimage 49:1066, 2010). We will move from the basic understanding of the brain mechanisms of emotions to clinical applications. The project is based in the Bangor Imaging Unit of the School’s Wolfson Centre for Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, which houses a 3 Tesla fMRI system. Combinations with other techniques supported in the Centre (EEG, TMS, behavioural genetics) are also possible. We will provide all relevant training and opportunity to participate in the very active seminar and journal club programme of the Centre and the PhD programme of the Wales Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience.
For more information visit the lab website.
Short listed candidates will be interviewed and appointment is subject to a clear enhanced CRB check. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, July 7th, 2010.
Informal enquiries should be made to Prof Linden: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Applicants must have a first or upper second-class honours degree in Psychology or a related subject and we would normally expect applicants to have completed a Masters degree. International students are welcome to apply. However, our studentships only cover fees at the UK/EU level. The School offers a fee bursary of up to £4500 p.a. for exceptional international students.
Applicants should complete an application form which should be saved and returned to: email@example.com or:
Ms Catrin Roberts
PhD Admissions and Events
School of Psychology, Bangor University
Gwynedd, LL57 2AS
- PhD Studentships, Dr Giovanni d’Avossa, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD Studentships, Prof Oliver Turnbull, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD Studentships, Prof Bob Woods, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Bangor University, UK
- International Research Scholarship, Bangor University, UK
- Addiction PhD Studentship, Department of Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- David Geffen Foundation Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- David Edge MSc Studentship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- 140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK